History of Megatokyo
(Redirected from 2000)
- August 14
- Pressed by Rodney Caston, Fred Gallagher draws the first Megatokyo comic, not intending to make this more than a one-shot.
- Start of Chapter 0.
- At some point in 2002
- Rodney Caston leaves Megatokyo.
- September 6
- Start of Chapter 3.
- October 28
- Fred Gallagher loses his job and starts to work on Megatokyo full-time.
- Megatokyo: Chapter Zero published by Studio Ironcat.
- April 24
- Start of Chapter 4.
- Fred Gallagher moves away from Studio Ironcat and changes publisher to Dark Horse Comics.
- January 21
- Megatokyo 2 published by Dark Horse Comics.
- February 4
- Start of Grand Theft Colo. (The first Grand Theft Colo strip is older, but the main "block" of strips started here.)
- Febrary 25
- Start of Chapter 5.
- March 31
- Megatokyo 1 published by Dark Horse Comics.
- Polish translation of Megatokyo 1 by Mandragora.
- July 31
- The online-shop Megagear was offically launched.
- German translation of Megatokyo 1 by Eidalon.
- Polish translation of Megatokyo 2 by Mandragora.
- November 24
- Start of Chapter 6.
- January 19
- MegaGear starts taking international orders.
- February 2
- Megatokyo 3 published by Dark Horse Comics.
- German translation of Megatokyo 2 by Eidalon.
- July 6
- Start of Megatokyo Omake Theater: Circuity.
- August 3
- Start of Chapter 7.
- Italian translation of Megatokyo 1 by Free Books.
- German translation of Megatokyo 3 by Eidalon.
- February 26
- Fred Gallagher moves away from Dark Horse Comics and changes publisher to DC Comics.
- June 21
- Megatokyo 4 published by DC Comics.
- June 28
- Start of Chapter 8.
- Italian translation of Megatokyo 2 by Free Books.
- March 8
- Start of UnMod.
- April 4
- Start of Chapter 9.
- May 23
- Megatokyo 5 published by DC Comics.
- November 5
- New website at the www.megatokyo.com address after a beta test in October.
- June 2
- Start of Full Megatokyo Panic.
- July 14
- Start of Chapter 10.
- August 8
- A preview of Megatokyo was published in the japanese magazine Faust 2008 SUMMER Vol. 7 by Kodansha.
- May 7
- Japanese translation of Megatokyo 1 by Kodansha.
- Launch of the official Megatokyo facebook page.
- April 15
- Hatching and shading of the strips of Chapters 9 and 10 finished.
- June 5
- Start of Chapter 11.
- Tentative release date of Megatokyo 6.
- 10 years anniversary of Megatokyo.
- Release of French translation of Megatokyo 1.